Friday, June 29, 2007

So Dang Mad!!

I am so steamin' mad....still from yesterday after work! I came home from work to find that the landlord had put the house up for sale! No notice, no warning, no nothing. He did tell me he was thinking about it and that he'd let me know if he was going to do it or not. Guess that went out the door with our window that's supposed to be fixed soon. And the screens for the upstairs bedroom. UGHHH!! Now I remember why I wanted to buy a house. Here's the link for you, just in case:
http://www.coldwellbanker.com/servlet/PropertyListing?action=detail&ComColdwellbankerDataProperty_id=11634637&page=property

They are selling it for $155,000. So if you're looking for an investment thing, here it is. I personally wouldn't pay more that $120,000 for this house. It needs a lot of work, in my opinion. And if I bought the dang thing, I 'd kick the renter out and knock down walls to make it one house and not a duplex. But, alas, that ain't happening. Our credit is shot and right now we just can't swing it. So we are stuck in limbo, kinda. I'll keep paying the rent like always and hope it takes a year to sell.

I WILL have to spit shine the whole dang house though. Now I HAVE to turn my house into a showcase house. Something I absolutely LOATHE! My house has always been lived in...since the second kid anyway. I clean it, they mess it. So I gave up the spit shine spotless dream long ago. It was too stressful and I don't need extra stress. And I don't feel comfy in a showcase house. Never have. Probably the trauma of babysitting for my meticulous aunt one summer.

UGH! Frustration sets in. Time to FLY LADY it. 45 minutes of cleaning...5 minute break. Room by room. Declutter galore. Purge-Mania!

Then I'm rewarding myself by having a sale. Everything is going. I have a garage full of stuff...that's not needed or being used. Time to get back to the basics. Sentimental stuff we are keeping. Everything else goes. Lynn (my SIL) will get a dumpster. I'll tell her to have it there next weekend and we will begin. After I get the house in order first. I will chart this plan today at work. Put it on paper and stay on schedule and task. I'll price things as I unpack them. Then that part is done. We'll just have to set it all up. I need massive tables though, I got a lot of junk. I'm not sure about the scrappy stuff though. Man, I hate to part with ANY of that!
Lord, give me strength please! The next month will be tough, but like the Little Engine That Could...I think I can, I think I can....I KNOW I CAN!

And....Happy Friday to you!

No comments: