Thursday, June 14, 2007

Library Card

So...didja know? It's a MN state law that you have to obtain your library card in the county you reside in. Really...I'm not kidding.

I went to the Faribault Library on Monday. I was on a mission to obtain the Debt Proof Living book. It wasn't on the shelf so I had to order it from another library. When I went to use my library card though, it wasn't in the system. It was that old. Tells you how much I go to the library. So I had to get a new card. So the lady asked me for my driver's license and proof of address. When she sees that I live in Waterville, that's when she tells me I have to get a card there first. THEN I can come back and get a card in Faribault. Thanks to 9/11, you now have to have an ID at the library. Sad stuff there, I tell ya!

Anywho, the lady at the library ordered the book for me in her name. Now today, I need to go there and get my card and switch it to my name. What a fiasco I tell ya....but I REALLY want to check this book out...since it comes so HIGHLY recommended by Tormado....Thanks Torm!

Hopefully after reading it, we can get back on our feets again!

And since the older 2 kidlins are going to Valleyfair today, the younger 2 are going to the library with Grandma. I'm so blessed that my kids like to read...and even Erik is reading...of course there's a free pizza involved so he's more motivated now!! Whatever works for him I guess...it can only make him a better reader!!

Oh and Happy Anniversary to my boss and his wife, Desta! They're going out to supper and to a Twins game...have fun!

And Happy Thursday to the rest of you...have a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we've got funky library laws too...can't remember what they are tho. i know i'm legal is all

and dang..is it valley fair time already??? the hubs..he's mentioned that now and then. lol