Monday, June 2, 2008

Saturday Photos

Let me set the scene for you....
Saturday morning...9a.m....90 degrees....
Saturday afternoon....3p.m....98 degrees....
And I'm not talking about the BOY BAND either....
I'm talking...HOT and HUMID...HOTTER THAN A TT IN HELL HOT....SMOKIN'!
So I tell the girls...Let's go get some Happy Hour...at Sonic...and THIS is my new favorite drink...
Mocha Java Chiller...Sonic Style...
AND...on our way home.....we FINALLY capture the Perfect Palm Tree...in the yard of the Georgia Department of Transportation...GDOT. So here is the before picture....
And here is the same tree...edited in Adobe Photoshop Elements 6...pretty cool huh? I think this is the new background paper for a layout about that perfect tree!! I love how the color pops...but I think I can make it pop more...like up top in my banner.
Here is the FULL VIEW of said tree....I drive by this tree twice a day...and it reminds me that there is a God and he created beauty in this tree...and it reminds me to respect nature.
And my road home...Georgia 292...from Vidalia to Collins...Everyday I get to see that valley view...and most days it's sunny and gorgeous...and breathtaking. All these trees...are EVERYWHERE...awesome, I tell ya.
And finally....REDNECK PICNIC....You don't see this in Minnesota hey....they hide that up there....but down here in Georgia Peach Country, well they love their rivers...just ask Alan Jackson about that Chattahoochee....This was the remnant of what we passed on the way to Vidalia...which was a couple of trucks...tailgates down...sitting on that sandbar and huddles of people swimming and drinking and laughing...truly good times. And nooooo that's not my kid in that picture...I don't know these folks...I'm not sure I can do that...there are water moccasins here...and I ain't too keen up on my snake bite first aid...although I should take an internet course sometime...hehehe.
OH....and it's MONDAY...My friend Torm's favorite day of the week...and the countdown begins for the boys to get here...6 days and anxiously counting.
Happy Monday!
Love,
TT

No comments: