Thursday, September 13, 2007

True Loves

I have a lot on my mind these days, and a lot on my heart as well.
There are work things, friend things, and school things for the kids as well as family things.
For now, I’ll deal with it because in 49 days I will be able to make an escape in my get away plane to another land. Complete with Ocean and Dolphins…my only TRUE LOVES.

As I was standing at the copy machine making copies for clients, I thought I saw a snowflake. Yes, I said it, a snowflake. I don’t think it was, but it reminded me that winter will soon be here and cold will set in.

Did I say that I despise winter with a passion? I do…I hate it. The only thing good about it is the fact that I can stay home snuggled up in my pajamas on the weekends. I purposely don’t schedule ANYTHING during the weekends just for that reason. If it is snowing, I’m not going…the Boss is lucky I go to work in the winter. If I didn’t love my job so much, I’d quit every winter. I’m telling you, I loathe it!

Back to my Ocean and Dolphins…I’d much rather be in Phoenix or San Diego in the winters. Give me some sunshine and sand and Ocean, and I’m a happy camper. Of course, it doesn’t take much to make me happy. I can appreciate the beauty of such simple things. I’m in awe everytime I see the Ocean on TV. And even more awestruck when I see her in real life.

Now keep in mind, the only Ocean I’ve seen or swam in is the Pacific, but I’m thinking the Atlantic will be just as beautiful. I think if you’re in love with one, you’ll probably be in love with all of them? Just a guess…but I’m thinkin’ so.

This is how I know I’ll be, in 49 days when I make my escape. I’m bringing Mack Daddy (the Canon Digital Rebel XTi and all his ZOOM!) and we are going to have some fun and good stories for you when we get back. They say a picture is worth 1000 words, we will soon see. I hope you all will be able to see the story I’ll be so willing to tell then. You think they’ll be swimming in the Ocean in November in Georgia? If not, I’ll be the only one then…I’m going to go for a quick dunk to purify my soul with some sweet-smelling salt water.

Yes, visions of my Pretty Blue dance in my head and more so now. I’ve been seeing a lot of San Diego on TV lately. Different commercials for some air show next weekend and yesterday at mom’s, the History Channel had the San Diego Bay on Modern Marvels. Awesome stuff how they put those ships on the Travel thingies…then lower them down into the Bay. Yep…Here’s your sign TT? One day…I will have the Ocean in my front yard. And one day, I’ll get over that fear of earthquakes..lol.

Until then, a girl can dream can’t she?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You will get your wish to live by the ocean one day. Hopefully in the meantime your trip will live up to your expectations and help hold you over until you reach your dream of living on the west coast.