Monday, September 17, 2007

My Mind On My Sleeve

While Fergie’s Big Girls Don’t Cry plays in the background as I type this up at work, I’m reminded of good friends and good times. I’m also reminded of how precious these friends and times are to me. And how quickly they can be taken away from you at the drop of a dime.

You see, I wear my mind on my sleeve. I always have. It’s genetic as well as learned. My mother is this way, as well as my Grandmother, and her Mother before her. Just a part of my family gene pool that I have gotten used too.

I’m not afraid to tell you how I feel, and I sure ain’t afraid to ‘fess up if I did something wrong. As a matter of fact, I’ll try to right that wrong, if indeed I am in the wrong. It’s my nature as a person and it’s the way that I was raised as a young girl. Sometimes, I ‘m too blunt and sometimes that gets me into trouble too. But I always try to remember to be as tactful as I can when I’m telling you where the bear is in the woods. I try to remember that people have feelings and some are more sensitive than others even if I’m not as sensitive as they are.

And I sure can’t lie to save my soul. I am a horrible liar and gave up trying so long ago when I told my dad a lie at the age of 9, and he made me go out and get a switch off the tree. Can you say scared shitless? He never hit me with it, but then he knew he didn’t have too as I was already bawling before I came back into the house with it. My mom can attest to this. She always said I was too honest of a person to tell a lie. Even a little white lie. Yeah, I don’t lie. In fact, I’m the opposite. Brutally honest.

When you ask for my opinion on something, I’m going to tell you what I think. You might not like what I have to say, and that’s okay, but you asked me remember? Don’t get offended when I tell you my thoughts…and just remember I still love you and what I say I mean with heartfelt love…that’s just me though.

So while my mouth does get me into trouble sometimes, it’s not always the culprit of evilness that some deem it to be. And while I do have my share of secrets from the rest of this wild world, and I do mean SECRETS, my mouth will never reveal what my mind and heart secretly hide. My True Hidden Self will never be bared for all to see and only I can decide how much of myself I expose to the rest of that wild world and to whom I expose it too.

So the next time you have a question for me, be fair warned you might not like the answer that you get. And certainly don’t accuse me of any wrong doing if you have no proof of it. I'll tell you if I did wrong or not. Hearsay is not evidence in Court.

And in the future, I’ll be more careful who I expose myself too.

Happy Monday.
Love ya’ll,
TT

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Point well taken babe !! And I do mean well taken. LMAO. Once again a great blog from ya. Love ya hon