Friday, September 28, 2007

Things To Ponder...

Why is it when you want to forget something, you can’t?
And when you want to remember something, you can’t?
Who’s idea was that concept anyway…to forget or remember?

I always have to write it down if I want to remember it.
I can’t remember the kids’ sports schedules. Thank goodness those are pre-printed out for me. They make their home on the bulletin board and my desk at work as well. I guess repetition is good for the soul as well as the memory.

But I can almost always remember silly irrelevant things like those red/orange plaid pants that my mom dressed me in from the 1970’s. She STILL says they were in style then. I beg to differ.

Or the time I clunked Tessie’s and Amy’s heads together because they were trying to break into my room. (I’ll never forget that and neither will they, we laugh about it now!)

I’d like to forget about certain things but there are too many triggers to keep me reminded of what it is I’m trying to forget. Did that make sense to you?
Maybe I’m not supposed to forget. Maybe Fate has a plan for me and I don’t know yet?

Whatever the case may be, I just can’t remember the things I should and forget the things that I should.

Take people for instance.
Some people come into your life and touch your heart.
Then they leave as quick as they came and are still in your heart and on your mind.
You just can’t forget them, no matter how hard you try or how wrong they done you.

Yes, the human brain is an amazing piece of work, that’s for sure. So complex, yet we continue to think simplistically.

I always say hindsight is 20/20 though and if I knew then what I know now…I would have done it differently. But then I would have had to miss the Dance. But I bet I would have had a more choreographed one if given the chance!

Yep, accept the things you cannot change.
Change the things that you can.
Know the difference between them both.

Happy Friday Ya'll!!

No comments: