Saturday, April 18, 2009

Words

Words are a powerful thing.
They can hurt or they can heal.
They can be understood or they can be mistaken.
They can be used for you, or against you.
They send a message, either way.
And eventually you get your point across.
When momma said, "If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all." she wasn't lying.

I bring this up, because I have a paper to write. It's not a real paper...yet. The real one is going to be 7-10 pages long, typed, and double spaced and it's due in week 9.
No, this is just a research/thesis/outline type of paper on my subject, a rough draft of sorts.
Which my topic by the way, is the importance of memory keeping and scrapbooking those memories.

Leeza Gibbons is the one to thank for that inspiration, among others. Her mom has Alzheimer's disease and to me, that is the ultimate silent killer (along with ALS). To take away one's memory, well it's tragic to say the least.
I can relate, for sure, with my short-term memory loss.
It's not fun, or pleasant, for me or my family. They can attest to that.

In Loving Memory...an online scrapbooking class by the famous Tania Willis...is the other inspiration. It's a class that walks and talks you through scrapbooking that most cherished loved one that you've lost. It can be found here:

http://debbiehodge.squarespace.com/in-loving-memory/

I'm doing mine on my dad, of course. Then I'll do my grandpa next and Michael (Jenny's twin brother) after that.

You see, I can remember some events and things like the Ballerina Barbie my dad gave me for my 7th birthday, but I can't remember the words. I can't remember conversations and for me, it's important to document those things...you know, like "life's lessons from dad" or something.
I will be doing an album on my mom too...that's a different class that can be found here:

http://debbiehodge.squarespace.com/welcome_mothermayi/

I think this one will be fun, as I've learned alot of my life lessons from my mom.
As I leave you this morning...remember how powerful your words are or can be.

Happy Saturday.
Love,
TT

No comments: