Monday, May 25, 2009

Legos

Let's talk about Legos for a second.
I didn't get my first set of Legos until I was 16. It was Christmas in fact. I received a blue furry robe from Grandma and Grandpa and Legos and I think the Corey Hart cassette tape too. I can remember running up the stairs with my new Legos and wearing my robe to go to my room to listen to my new tape and play Legos.

I recently sent a priority mail box FULL of Legos to Tania Willis' 2 girls, Ashlyn and Emma.
We had plenty to share and still have a big rubbermaid drawer full. She recently posted them on her blog (you can click on her name to the right) and it just tickled me because I remember how I felt getting my first set of Legos. Even though I was 16, I was giddy with excitement and it was my favorite present that year, along with my robe (which I STILL wear).

It truly is better to give than receive. Now to get that box up to Children's this week.
Speaking of this week, I'm just about done with Ashley's album and I have a feeling I'll need to get her another one as well. I'm off to check that out.

Don't forget to take time out to remember those who have served and who serve today.
THANK YOU to our Veterans out there!

Happy Memorial Day.
Love,
TT

No comments: