Thursday, July 12, 2007

Marlar's Reunited!

I got an email from my third cousin Donna the other day. Seems that she's been busy communicating with my dad's 1/2 sister...Debbie...my aunt. Donna passed along my email to her and we had a great chat the other night. I found out more about my grandpa...things I really needed to know...medical history things and more!

We are trying to find out more information on my uncle Jerrill. He died in a car crash..at the scene apparently...and all the information is buried deep...so much so that it's like he didn't exist. I will keep digging until I get the answers...and then I will have a proper headstone put on his grave instead of a lil old rock that's there now.

So I think I have to plan for a trip down to San Antonio, Texas...to see my kinfolk...and hopefully find some answers to the questions we have about Uncle Jerrill. These are the days when I wish my dad was here...he could have helped for sure with this one.

I also learned that I have a cousin in Iraq...his name is Micah....here's a picture...ETA: Here's a better picture..I edited it. Feel free to save it to your computer!
It looks dark..but he looks like my dad and grandpa...big ears and all. Hopefully he'll see this..or one of ya'll will let him know...he is truly loved and appreciated for serving our country! Love me some Military Marlar's...lol!

Have a great day...and I look forward to meeting the rest of the Marlar's very soon!

No comments: