Saturday, July 28, 2007

5 Years

"If I could fall into the sky

Do you think time would pass me by?

'Cause you know I'd walk a thousand miles

If I could just see you tonight."

-Vanessa Carlton


That song was playing on the radio in my car while I was driving to see you on the day you died 5 years ago today. Kind of ironic too, since there is a noticable piano playing in the background and that's what instrument you played so skillfully for many years. To this day, I still tear up when I hear it. It will always be the song I remember you by.


It's hard to believe that it's been 5 years already. So much has happened in our lives since you left us. I know that you are looking down on us from Heaven and smiling proudly. That's how you were. Always proud of us no matter what we did and even when we failed.


I think I speak for all of us Dad when I say that you are very much missed and still very much loved. But your music lives on in our hearts and our dreams. I love you daddy.

No comments: