Thursday, August 16, 2007

Mr. Telephone Man

I have to publicly thank my Telephone Man. But first a little background history on this subject.

You see, in January when we had to move to Waterville (for the sake of keeping the kids in the same school district), we had to change phone companies. I was quite happy (and spoiled I might add) with Cannon Valley Telecom. And Lord knows, I don't like change at all.

So I called Frontier to set up service at the new house. And Frontier is the only company allowed to service Waterville....and I'm already griping about that. I get Ryan on the phone. He's gonna set up my service for me. He's going through all the packaging options, etc. etc. and I'm just a griping...cause I hate change. And he's talking me through the whole thing. So sweet and not once getting upset with me for being upset with Frontier.

Now the package that I initially set up was the Dish Network, Phone and Internet. All in one deal..one bill. Lovely. Until Ryan calls me back at work and tells me that Dish is requiring me to buy the cable box. Ok..so on my rant about Frontier and why don't they have regular cable tv I go. Poor Ryan, he just smiled one of them phone smiles and explained it all to me. He must be a Saint, cause he has patience like one. Ok I say, just phone and internet then.

So they come hook up my internet and phone. The guy installed it...and had problems. I get home from work that night and I got no internet. Now those of you that know me, already know, that's my addiction and I'm a bear if I have to go into withdrawals. So I call tech support because it's almost 6pm and you only know that my Telephone Man is not in the office. I got this nice Tech Support guy though...and he helped me install it all proper. So I'm good. Until I get my bill.

I call Ryan once again. I am not paying for the hookup charge when I had to install it myself. All the guy did was plug the dang box in. He credits me. I'm happy once again. For a while.

Over the last 8 months, I bet I've had to call Ryan 10 times at least. (I still don't like Frontier either.) My bill has been messed up and they keep charging me for things that shouldn't be. And once again, Ryan makes it all better.

So Thank YOU Ryan for being the best Mr. Telephone Man I ever knew. You're customer service ROCKS and you make getting the phone bill an easy task. I hope one day to meet you and thank you in person. But for now, this will have to do. My hat's off to you Ryan!

And for the rest of you...Happy Thursday to ya'll!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Mr. Telephone Man, theres something wrong with my line........."