Friday, August 17, 2007

I Blog Because...

I blog because I scrapbook. I scrapbook to preserve the memories for my kids and future generations. If I don’t write it down, I will forget it. Plain and simple. So I decided to jump on the blog bandwagon. It’s where I write the things that mean the most to me...the thoughts that count the most. No matter how silly. Like the phone thing..silly as heck, but it’s that feeling and pride of just letting someone know how much their effort means. Saying how you feel before it’s too late. Everyone should do that more often. Appreciate human kindness. These are the things I want my kids to know. I want them to look back on my writings and see how passionate I was with things..and how not so passionate with others. If I write it down, or type it out in this case, then it will be preserved forever along with the memories. It will jog my memory and make me say, “ Hey, I remember that!”

It’s a place where I can write what I want…when I want. It’s a way to journal…an important aspect of scrapbooking. Very cool to tell the story that goes with that photo..otherwise how will my great-grandkids know what happened? I sure can’t trust my kids to tell it how it happened…so I have to make sure it gets documented. That’s my job and that’s why I’m the mom…and family historian.

I blog to just get it out. Lord knows I have many thoughts that I hold inside. Sometimes things just have to be said. Even if I don’t feel quite comfortable with it. Like my dad’s post. Took me 5 years to say what I had to say. I waited because I knew that I would have thought plenty about it to say what needed to be said.

I blog because I can. I have the freedom of expression. As long as I don’t hurt other’s with my post, I will post what I want. And although I try to remain respectful of people and not include last names (like Ryan), at the same time I try to make the people I do post about proud of my post. Like Bruce, Irene, and my mom. When they read it, I want them to tell everyone and be proud. I hope they are proud…each and every one of them. Except my sister…revenge will be sweet and she’ll get mad anyway..lol. Just kidding Tess!

So there you have it…and as long as I’m on a roll giving company shout-out’s…might as well go check out my other favorite radio station…KDWB. Love me some Dave Ryan in the Morning! (And no I don’t have a thing for Ryan’s either…just a coincidence there!)
www.kdwb.com

And as Fergie says…”I need to be with myself in center, clarityPeace, Serenity.”

Have a great day…Happy Friday!!

ETA: It seems the “Higher Ups” at Frontier in Burnsville, MN have seen this now. Congrats Ryan…You deserve a nice raise for putting up with my high maintenance self!

No comments: