Monday, August 20, 2007

Emotions

Wow.
How can I top yesterday’s blog post?
I was amazed at the compliments that I received regarding yesterday’s post.
Thank you all very much.

It was very humbling and hearwarming both to know that someone truly appreciated the words I wrote. I was overwhelmed with emotion and it truly made my day to know that I touched other people’s hearts. I believe that is my purpose here on Earth. God truly put me here to make people laugh and to touch others’ hearts. Just writing this now and thinking about yesterday, is making me tear up. I’m truly grateful for such friendships.

“14 Days until my 37th birthday, Dad.” I hope you get a giggle out of that even from Heaven.

You see, when I was about to turn 16, I started a month before my birthday leaving little post it notes all over the house for my dad. (The side story to that is that Tessie used to leave my dad post it notes for money—something I rarely did—until that month before my birthday.) I started at the number 30 and then 25 and then 20 and so on until number 10…and then it was every day. Just so he didn’t forget my birthday. Not that he ever did, but this year was special as all girls turning 16 think at that age.

Little did I know, that my dad saved every single one of those post it notes. We found them in some of his stashed things after he died.

As I’m about to turn 37, I find myself re-evaluating my life. This year I realized that in 3 years I will be 40 years old. My life almost half over, with almost half left to live. I realize that I need to step it up a notch and do more and see more and explore more. I realize that I’ve lived my life for others too long and need to live life for me. A lot more realizations going on in these next few days, I’m sure. I might have to make a list of “To Do’s” so that I can stay on task and do all that I want to do before my time runs out. And if I do it all now, I can say I’ve done all I wanted to do. And then do even more after that. (I hope that makes sense).

So as I round the corner to 37, I will promise this....
To live life each day.
To appreciate those in my life.
To try to be a better person than I was last year.
To learn from my past, live in my present, and preserve for the future.

Happy Monday to you!

No comments: