Thursday, May 10, 2007

Part Deux

Now where was I? Oh yes, grandma's scrapbooks. I didn't know I could learn so much just by looking through her scrapbooks. Heck, I didn't even know she had them...until Grandpa died.

The day after Grandpa died, we were looking for pictures to make memory boards with. Grandma said, "Go in my closet and get the scrapbooks." I had no idea what doors I'd be opening. And since I had never seen them before I had to take my time looking through them. Who knew that my grandparents and their kids were in a full page ad in the newspaper for Christmas one year? I didn't. Nobody ever mentioned it. Until then. It was then that I learned the history of our family. That my grandma was a civilian Army secretary during World War II. That she was very active in the church. That my Gramps was PTO Chair. That Ration Tickets actually did exist...and are very cool looking too!

I can't wait to sit down with Grandma again...and write down the stories that go with the pictures. I'll be doing that shortly after she moves up here with us. I can't wait! Then I'll have the full family history...and one day hopefully, I can scrap that.

Have a great Thursday!

No comments: