Wednesday, May 9, 2007

{Happy Wednesday!}

Ahhh....it's Wednesday. The middle of my work week. Only 2 more days until the weekend. Which brings me to the weekend plan thing. It's Mother's Day weekend....we're not doing anything spectacular and if it was up to me, I'd spend the day scrapbooking without interuption or laying in bed watching Trading Spaces reruns...and it's Fishing Opener....we don't fish (well Erik does but that doesn't count) and Saturday the kids and I have to go pack up my Grandma to get ready to move her up to Faribault with us.

That brings me to...What do you get for a picky mom that has everything already?? Ugh...my sister and I hate shopping for her. Every year we do the same thing...the week before Mother's Day we concoct what we think is a abby fabby idea (absolutely fabulous) and then we get to watch her react in her usual way...."Oh COOL!" It doesn't help that her birthday is the weekend after either. So this year, we are really going to shock her. She doesn't read this..so I can tell you!

We are planning a small, family only, surprise 60th Birthday party for her. She has no idea. And THANK GOODNESS Remmie can't verbalize yet! So our secret is safe with him, for now anyway!

Which brings me back to the subject...What do we get for Mother? We talked about getting her a digital camera...since she doesn't even have a single camera in the house. Then we talked about getting her a new grill...but since funds are tight this month...I think we decided that was nixed! I did mention to my sister that since she has her own house now, maybe we should get her some yard ornaments. Since she's into flowers and all, I think that's what we are going to do. At any rate, time is a tickin' so we better hurry up and decide!

But first we (the kids and I, mom and Remmie) have to go pack grams up...or at least start. We are moving her up to an assisted living facility so that she is closer to us and so my 2 aunts will quit bothering her. Everytime they go visit her, they bring her to tears. So enough is enough. She's coming up here with us. And all of us are excited. We'll be able to have lunch with her and visit her everyday. She's my only living grandparent...and the only grandma I've ever known so it's awesome that she'll be closer to us now. ALl my life I've had to travel an hour or more just to see her...so yeah...very awesome. And she's got the coolest scrapbooks. So chock FULL of history...and on a blank canvas if you know what I mean. My mom let her know..that when she dies, I'd sure love to have them books. Just because I'm the scrapbooker in the family. And I APPRECIATE the history of them.

I think I'll leave you with that...and continue it tomorrow! So...To Be Continued.....

No comments: