Sunday, November 4, 2007

Hello From Georgia!

Hello from Georgia!

I made it safe and sound on Thursday and did more in the first 24 hours here than I've done in the last 2 weeks!

While in Savannah we...
~Found each other at the airport via our cell phones!
~Traveled in both of Tiffany's vehicles!
~Checked into our hotel and had a picnic supper on the bed!
~Found our Insane Asylum room with an Ocean View painted on the wall!
~Ventured to the bar on stilts across the parking lot and got drunk!
~Went to bed at 11:30 p.m. and woke up at 3 a.m.
~I wished Tiffany a Happy Birthday at 3 a.m.!
~Showered and got ready for our day.
~Checked out of the hotel at 6 a.m.
~Traveled an hour to Tybee Island to watch the sunrise at the Atlantic ocean from Tybee Pier.
~Walked 2 miles on the beach and collected seashells and took lots of pictures! {Naturally}
~Went to breakfast at the Sugar Shack and had REAL grits!
~Went to the souvenir shop and goo-goo and gaa-gaa'd over the surfboards! {SO in my element}
~Went to the Tybee Lighthouse and climbed 178 steps to the top and then back down again!
~Went and got matching tattoos {They turned out awesome!}
~Stopped at DQ for that Birthday Cake!
~Went home to Tiffany's for a homecooked supper compliments of her husband, my boyfriend, Bobby! {Steak, Chicken, and Shrimp Fajitas}

We sat up talking until 11 p.m. Friday night...I just couldn't keep my eyes open any longer.
I finally went to sleep in my makeshift POLO saturated room that Tiffany had set me up in for the weekend. I was in HEAVEN! And I slept like a baby!
{LOVE ME SOME POLO SATURATED PILLOWS!}

Saturday we trekked up to Macon to have lunch with Chip and Kim (Kim was sick so she didn't make it). But we got to meet the man behind all those demented emails and insane sense of humor! We ate at Chili's in Macon since the Outback Steakhouse didn't open up until 3 p.m. Then we posed for pictures afterwards so Kim could see what she missed...TOO FUNNY!!

Text wars were abundant this weekend. I have never in my life texted as much as I did this weekend. I even heard Tiffany get up Saturday morning...and texted her to see if she was awake!! We had a good giggle over that...we are starting to come out of our denial about needing help now!!

Today is Sunday...
The smell of your skin lingers on me now, you're probably on your flight back to your hometown...
My flight leaves at 2 p.m. from Savannah to Atlanta. I will have a window seat to catch the photo of the Atlanta Skyline that I want. Atlanta has some sentimentality to me...always has. {Goes back to my very first football game...Vikings vs. Falcons, September 7, 1979}
It will be a short flight...seemed like 20 minutes on the way here!
Then connect in Atlanta to fly to Minneapolis and arrive at 5:44 p.m. That's where I'll get some sleep and listen to the iPod (hopefully if my ears cooperate this time). {Thanks MEGAN!!}

I am going to post this today...and I'll post the pictures tomorrow...so ya'll gotta wait for them one more day...but I promise they'll be posted and captioned.

Happy Sunday to ya'll!

A very special THANK YOU to Tiffany and her family for opening up their house to me!! You have made more dreams come true this weekend than you even know girl! I surely couldn't have done it without you and BF...and them kidlins!

Another special THANK YOU to Chip...Dude you ROCK! Thanks for lunch, my new monitor, and don't forget my M&M's honey!! {#1 priority, you'll learn...and I still say...I'd marry you for your sense of humor!}

Love, hugs, and kisses!
TT



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im so glad that you enjoyed your trip. And even more glad that I could be part of it. You have given me the most awesome birthday memories and for that I will be forever grateful. I love you

Anonymous said...

Im glad we got to meet for lunch.You truly are a very special person don't ever change.It sounds like you had a great time and i'm glad I was able to contribute to that. A very special Thank You to you for putting my name in lights.Have a safe trip home and I'll keep the jokes coming your way.