Monday, October 1, 2007

Seems Like...

Seems like just yesterday
You were a part of me
I used to stand so tall
I used to be so strong
Your arms around me tight
Everything, it felt so right
Unbreakable, like nothin' could go wrong
Now I can't breathe
No, I can't sleep
I'm barely hanging on
-Kelly Clarkson
(The lyric was stuck in my head when I typed this up at work, FYI. No real rhyme or reason for it...but it sounded good?)

Seems like yesterday when I cracked my tailbone at the ripe old age of 9. ONLY AFTER my cousin Jason pushed me a little bit too hard and I went flying off the clothesline pole only to land on the gravel driveway. Talk about ouch! I was sitting on a pillow for weeks! I still to this day can’t do a sit up on the bare floor. I much prefer the exercise ball for crunches.

Seems like today, there is still tailbone pain.
YES I went to the doctor (You know the pain is bad if I have to go to the doctor’s office). YES he ordered up x-rays (You know that was uncomfortable).
YES I got a prescription for 600mg Ibuprofen (I prefer 800’s but take what I get I guess).
YES I got a donut to sit on (NOT one from the bakery either).
NO I would not wish this upon my worst enemy (Well, maybe I would too).
NO I can’t stay home from work and lie around all day (Or play poker for that matter).
NO I can’t wait for the pain to go away either (Please save me now B&B…you know what you must do!)

Is this annoying for me?
You KNOW it!
Will I deviate from my routine?
Um, NO!
Is there another option?
Yes there is.

If it doesn’t heal or the pain doesn’t go away, then Surgery here I come! I’ll have a recheck on this with Dr. Wagner and if it’s still not painless, then he’ll send me to the Neurosurgeon to have it cut out…it’s just the tail so no paralyzation should occur.
This all sure gives a new meaning to “My Achin’ Ass!”

And the BEST PART of my day...was NOT seeing my Vman at lunch (with MY BTTT), BUT...at the doctor's office...I found out....are you ready???


I LOST 9 POUNDS!!!!!!!
Have a Happy Monday ya'll!!
Love you!
TT

No comments: