Monday, January 5, 2009

Death By Seizure

How tragic and sad.
To lose a child to a seizure.
I don't know John Travolta or Kelly Preston or their family.
But I do feel for them though.
My condolences and sympathy go out to them and their family as they try to grieve their son.

What I do know, is that seizures are a very scary thing for a child to go through.
And then to lose a child to a seizure, well that's just unheard of nowadays.

I also believe that if it's your time to go, God will take you.
And I believe that children are a loan from God, only here for a short time sometimes.

As I type this, I can't help but tear up.
That could have been me, at any given moment in my childhood.
I was always taught and told and preached to that seizures were no big deal, that under supervision of a doctor, they weren't dangerous. At least that's how I perceived things in my mind. It's understood now why my parents sheltered me so much and kept a tight reign on me. They just wanted to protect me.
I wasn't allowed to do alot, for this very same reason, even though my seizures were small. Even now, I'm careful about who I surround myself with trying to always have someone who's aware of my health history in close tow. Only those extremely close to me know what to look for. Everyone else has no idea.

So as you kiss your kids goodnight tonight, say a prayer for Jett Travolta and his family, that they get through this tough time.

Love and hugs,
TT

No comments: