Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Yesterday

Yesterday.
All my troubles seemed so far away.
Love that song, but anywho.
Yesterday was the 7th anniversary of my father's death and while the day came and gone, I did think of him for a minute. I think of him all the time, but just for a bit yesterday.
I kept pretty busy at work, so I really didn't have time to think there.
But, eh, whatever.
I do miss my dad, but whining, crying, and carrying on about it won't bring him back.
So I think for a bit, and carry on. That's what he'd want me to do anyway. And I have the scrapbooks to remember by, even if I do get alzheimer's someday. ;)
Day 2 at the hotel...moving right along there...was a success. I spent the whole shift learning the computer program and am pretty confident I got it down pat. Thursday and Friday are 4 hour shifts by myself (with Cindy in the background) and Saturday I will be TOTALLY alone (with Cindy on telephone standby). I think I'll be ok though. We'll do a dry run on Friday.
Speaking of Friday, I have an appointment at Brown College. I want to transfer and study to be a photographer. I would love to work for National Geographic or something exotic like that, but I know that I must start out small with something like Sports Illustrated. Heh.
For now though, I'm enjoying my day off by sitting out on the patio at my mom's watching all her magazines burn. I suppose I should study them if that's what I want to do one day.
Happy Hump Day!
Love,
TT

No comments: