Friday, November 15, 2013

Crossroads

Today I am at a crossroads in my life. I have choices to make. Hard choices.
I can choose to stay in my current position as the Lead in a group home or I can start a new career as a Corrections Officer at the Faribault Prison.
Do what I love and stay happy for less money or do what I'm unsure of unhappily for more money.
Those are my choices. 
This is why I'm at a crossroads.
So I prayed. I prayed to God in Heaven above to show me the way to the right choice. Because when you can't handle something, you should give it up to Him. So I did. It's in His hands now. 
I will trust that He will show me the right choice so that I can follow His plan and not mine.

Even though I work odd hours and sometimes long hours, I love my job. Although it's not a job if you enjoy what you do. And it's certainly not work.  It's a cush job for sure, but it's my family away from my family. The pay isn't all that wonderful, but the rewards are awesome.  When I see the crooked little smile on my girl and she gives me that giggle, that's what it's all about right there. My heart is in it. And the boss knows this, sees this, and loves me. She sees my potential and she's willing to work with me on it. She teaches me, not just preaches to me. And I like that about her.

So, hard choices to be made with some guidance from up above. I think I got this. 
Love,
TT

No comments: