Wednesday, February 2, 2011

February 2, 2011

Happy Groundhog Day.
It's been awhile since I've last blogged for you.  Sorry for the delay folks.  So much has been going on, I feel as if my life is in a whirlwind.  I'm sure I'm not alone either.

As most of you know, Tom and I took on a position as Resident Managers of 3 apartment buildings.  It's been an interesting and fun time here at Spring Court.  Lots of repairs are being made and we are seeing progress finally.  The residents love us and the Somali residents have been so patient and gracious in teaching us their customs and culture.  They've even cooked for us!  YUM!

Tom and I are on our way to weight loss surgery success.  Our tentative goal for surgery is June sometime, probably the middle to end.  I'm down from 254 to 248.2.  Love that! :)

I start my new job at MSOCS on Monday...SO excited to be working for the State of MN.  My longterm goal is to retire from there in 25 years.  I'll put my time in and get 'er done.

Erik turns 16 on Tuesday.  Seriously, where did THAT time go?  I remember the night he was born so vividly still.  I'll blog more on that next week. :)
Natalea is 14 and full of school girl drama.  I love my teen girls. :)  She hates me one minute, loves me the next.  What's a momma to do. *sigh*
Gabryelle (13) is not quite as bad and enjoying her 7th grade season of basketball.  She's improving. :)
And Monique is 11 and trying to not be like either of her sisters.  She wants to play football.  Have at it kiddo! :)

More changes in our lives will be happening this year.  This is the year of change for me.   I'll blog more when I know more.  Until then my friends, live your life to the fulllest of each day!
Love,
TT

No comments: