Tuesday, February 8, 2011

16

16 years ago today I gave birth to my first born, a boy we named Erik Michel Trump.  It's hard to believe that this time has passed and this day is finally here.  I've tried to mold and shape you, learn and teach you and prepare you for this day.  You'll get your driver's license and I'll have to let you take the car for the first time.  I'll hope and pray that I've taught you well to know right from wrong and to be safe while you are out there driving on these roads with all these crazy people.  My dad said to me on more than one occassion, it's not you I worry about, it's the other drivers.  Watch out for the other drivers...always Son.

So today at 16:

You still love your John Deere tractors and tinkering with them.
You love to build things with any tools you can get your hands on.
You love to dream up concoctions to cook up in the kitchen.
You still haven't done dishes since you were about 4, but you'll do laundry.
Your chore is to take out the garbage.
You can drive a vehicle.
You get B's and C's in the 10th grade...with a GPA of 2.97.
Math is easy for you, but English is a little tougher.
You love football and will be the starting Center in the fall of 2011.
You love to pick on your sisters and get them riled up.
You are shy to tell your momma that you love her, although she knows you do.
You love your momma's lasagna.

I love you Erik.  Thank you for being such a great son. 
You make me so proud to be your mother!
Love,
Mom

No comments: