Wednesday, February 9, 2011

17

17 years ago today I was blessed to see the birth of my niece Megan Lea Marlar.  I even got to cut the cord.  It was so cool to be able to experience that. The love and the pride that you feel when a child is born is so overwhelming, it's no wonder people cry when babies are born.  Today that pride and love is even stronger and more overwhelming than it was on that cold, snowy night.  If you would have asked me 17 or even 15 years ago if Megan would have turned out to be so perfect, I would have told you hell no, she is Tessie's child.  But she's nothing like Tessie was as a teenager.  She is perfect.  We are truly blessed to have such a good girl with a good head on her shoulders.  Her parents have sure done well raising her up.  Even if she did know how to throw a temper tantrum like her mom. You'll always be my Oscar no matter how old you get!
Happy 17th Birthday Megan Lea!! 

Love,
Nana

No comments: