Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Alice Cooper/Rob Zombie Experience

Wow. What a great show. Of course I went to this show with no expectations whatsoever and came out of it a new fan of both Alice Cooper and Rob Zombie.

Those of you who know me, know my favorite artist is George Michael and while I have a variety of artists I listen too, I stay in the pop category most days. So for me to attend this was out of the norm so to speak. Not that I haven't heard metal before (there was the summer of 91 when I went to see Metallica and Ozzy), but you know, it's just not my normal self.


I took these photos with my cell phone, but I really should have borrowed my niece's camera as everyone had one and nobody said a word to me or anyone else. The soundstage was to the left of us and you could see backstage and behind the scenes REALLY good from where we were sitting (section 115, Row N, Seats 1 & 2).

The special effects were so worth the $40 ticket. I was truly impressed to say the least.

The other thing that impressed me was how Alice Cooper helped his roadies pack the stage stuff away after his show was over. Most artists would have just went back to the dressing room and left them to fend for themselves. I think it shows an artist's true class when they can get in beside the hired help and get their hands dirty themselves.

Before last night, I had never heard a Rob Zombie song. I was suprised at how much I liked his music as well as the special effects of his show. And the spurts of fire were warm on my face even from our seats.

It was a great time and a great time was had by all. Joe thought he was going to leave in the middle of Zombie's performance until he saw I wasn't going anywhere (and the topless girls that were on stage at that moment)! I don't leave in the middle of shows...I might miss something important. And in fact, I like to hang around afterwards and let the crowd thin out and watch the guys tear down for a bit. I guess that comes from watching my dad tear down all those years. I've always liked the behind the scenes stuff most.
OH and my biggest epiphany at that show was when I saw the photographers down in front of the stage. OH YEAH I wanna be that photographer and take photos for tour books and artists. How cool would that be to go on tour with a band and do that.
Neil Diamond and Brett Michaels here I come...watch for my resume and portfolio!
Happy Hump Day y'all!
Love,
TT

No comments: